This list is non-exhaustive and we reserve the right to amend and add to these rules without prior notice, if we feel it is appropriate.
1. The entry form must be completed and returned with your entry fee by cash or cheque (payable to BIGDOTBOX) or online payment with EVENTBRITE
(please contact us for bank details) by launch / registration date – Saturday 6th May 2017 between 11 am & 1 pm. [NOTE: Late entries will also be accepted please call for conditions]
2. At least one person’s contact details must be given for your team (ideally a home telephone number, a mobile number & e-mail address).
3. The entry fee is £25 per film and is non-refundable (this includes a maximum of 4 tickets per team for the screening event) Under 16’s £15 per team.
4. On the registration event you will be issued* with a film title, and a film genre which must be used in your film (in anyway you wish) and must be added to the opening credits to the film.
5. Your movie has to be delivered by the Wednesday following registration (that is, 10th May 2017 at 4pm) with all the relevant release forms signed. Entries delivered after this date may be shown but will not qualify for a prize.
6. Movies must be no more than 3 minutes long, but can be less if you wish.
7. Your movie must be submitted on one of the following formats: USB stick, SD card or, better still, direct to a Dropbox account. Some older analogue video formats (Video 8mm; Hi8; VHS; SVHS) and MiniDV could be accepted but please contact the organisers beforehand. Due to the unreliable nature of DVDs, these will not be accepted. Please note that whether you are hand-delivering your USB sticks/SD cards by 4pm to the Red Brick Building Centre, Morland Enterprise Park, Morland Road, Glastonbury, Somerset, BA6 9FT, or uploading your film to wetransfer.com (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Dropbox, entries should be clearly labelled/metadata with your team’s contact details, title and theme.**
8. Material must be deemed appropriate for viewing by under 15s. For more information check BBFC guidelines for classification guidelines (www.bbfc.co.uk). If the judges consider material to be unsuitable, the entry will be disqualified.
9. You, your cast, crew and collaborators must sign a release form on return of your film acknowledging that you hold all licensing and copyright permission for the material used in your film (including the use of locations and original music/content). Failure to sign this form will mean we cannot screen your film.
10. All the films submitted that comply with these rules will be screened at the screening & awards event on Friday 9th June, 2017 at
Red Brick Building Centre Ltd, Morland Enterprise Park, Morland Road, Glastonbury, Somerset, BA6 9FT
11. A panel of media professionals will judge all films submitted; the best films in each of the relevant categories will be awarded prizes from those kindly provided by the sponsors/supporters, also a coveted Chalice Award.
12. The judges’ decisions are final.
IMPORTANT SMALL PRINT
*Online registrants will have their title/genre picked “out of the hat” at random by a member of the GFC team. They will then be notified via text/e-mail of the result.
**Submitting a film grants the organiser complete, worldwide, non- exclusive rights to broadcast the finished film for promotional use or non profit-making events (film festival, etc.). Actors and collaborators’ release forms must be completed and returned before the awards/screening event on 26th May 2017, at The Red Brick Building Centre
Please e-mail email@example.com if you have any questions.